Pages

Monday, December 22, 2014

Beer Bread Mix

Beer Bread...YES!

It's one of the easiest peasiest breads around and super delicious!

It also makes a great handmade gift for Christmas.  Plus, you can get everything you need at the grocery store, so you don't have to battle crowds of crazy people go to the mall.  Or sew things.  Me sewing something tends to be a swear filled, sob inducing, teeth gnashing experience.  <-- overstatement (mostly).


Here's what you need!
3 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder*
1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt*

*If you have self rising flour (I never do), you can just use 3 cups of that and omit the baking powder and salt.

Mix the above ingredients together.  Put into a bag.  I didn't have anything fancy, so I just used a quart sized freezer ziplock.  Be sure to include theses directions:  Mix with 12 oz of beer. Pour into greased loaf pan.  Top with 3 tablespoons of melted butter.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.

Obviously, include a beer, because it is beer bread after all :)


I got some "cool guy beer."  I mean, maybe it's "cool guy beer," but seeing as I'm neither a cool guy nor a beer drinker (it doesn't taste like juice), I can't be sure that a Spotted Cow is indeed "cool guy beer."  But, I do feel fairly certain that it is significantly cooler than Milwaukee's Best or Busch Light.

So, yeah, be sure to include the beer.  You can make beer bread with 7 up, but it's just not as good.  I did make beer bread with (ahem) caffeine free diet pepsi once.  I wish that was a joke, but it's not.  Bad.life.decision.  

I hope you get a chance to toss this together for someone special in your life!  Or, just make some for yourself...Merry Christmas to you :)

Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment