Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Gift Guide for Girls!

Hello!

Do any of you have little girls on your shopping list and aren't sure what to get them?

Well, do not fear, because I am here for you.  I have compiled some of the gifts that my girls have LOVED.  I kept them pretty "girl general" and not super specific to my daughters' interests.  

I enjoy toys for my daughters that are "imagination facilitators."  Meaning, I want their toys to encourage creative, imaginative play.  I think it's good for their little brains :)

Also, there are some gifts that aren't necessarily girl specific, so even the little boys in your life will be happy!



So, I present to you, in random order, The Top Ten Gifts for Little Girls!

Fisher Price Snap 'n' Style



Maggie and Gracie each have one of these (there are several different dolls with different hair colors, etc.) and they love to play with them together.  The clothes are really easy to put on, so they can do it themselves.  Any mommy of girls understand how key that is :)  I think it's helpful to put the doll's hair in a braid right away so it doesn't get all snarled.  Also, because my mother-in-law is amazing, she gave a drawstring bag with this to keep all of the pieces together.  I am an irrational crazy person when it comes to pieces.  But, a charming irrational crazy person ;)


Little Mommy Baby So New


We have 4 of these babies around, and they are well loved and consistently played with.  We actually have the older version of these which came as sets of twins.  I love that they have sturdy arms, legs, and head, but the body is kind of like a bean bag.  It's a great size for even a one year old, and Maggie (she's in Kindergarten) still plays with these.


Doll Stroller



My girls have LOVED the doll stroller.  We've gone through several of them, because they aren't the sturdiest things in the world.  They don't just push dolls in them; they push around books, and stuffed animals, and play food, and crafts, and sometimes even each other...hence the whole "going through several of them" thing :)  Gracie was just using our remaining stroller this week.  On a side note, these are helpful for new walkers who need just a bit of extra help keeping their balance!


Stuffed Animal Dog in Carrier (Pucci Pup)



My daughters are terrified of real dogs, but they each have and ADORE one of these Pucci Pups in a carrier.  They all still play with these puppies.  They love the accessories and being able to make a little bed in the carrier.  Other times, they leave the puppy out and carry around a bunch of beanie babies or other treasures.  


Melissa and Doug Beads


I love pretty much everything Melissa and Doug.  Who are they anyway?  I feel like they'd be really fun friends :)  Anyway, my girls all LOVE these bead sets.  They love to make necklaces for other people.  I love seeing them be so generous by giving away necklaces with the big beads and not even thinking twice about it!


Dora Backpack Play Set


My girls have an older version of this, actually.  They love to play Dora.  When Leah was littler, she and her cousin would pretend to be Dora and Diego and go on little adventures.  Gracie plays with this a lot and loves to put other things in the back pack, too.  This is totally an imagination facilitator.


Tea Set


Again, this isn't the exact tea set that we have (ours is discontinued which makes me feel ancient), but it does the same thing.  Oh, and, of course, this is by our buddies, Melissa and Doug :)  This tea set is made of food grade plastic so they can use it!  When I'm feeling like the fun mom, I let the girls put water in the tea pot, sugar and creamer containers and we all sit at the table and have tea together.  We even have little snacks on the saucers.  It's so fun :)  There are a lot of tea sets out there, but a plastic one that you can actually uses and pour water out of is a must in my mommy book.

These next 3 are even more gender neutral than the above seven (in regards to the above toys, boys could absolutely play with them, too!).

Zingo




We LOVE Zingo!  It's a really fun take on bingo (obviously).  I like that the game is pretty short, so it's even good for little ones who don't have the longest attention span out there.  There are a lot of pieces, but they store really nicely.  The game is really sturdy, too.  We revamp the rules a little bit to work better for us, too, because there aren't Zingo police out there enforcing the specific rules :)


Blue Orange Games


I love how portable these games are!  I can throw them in my purse and pull them out at a restaurant while we wait for our food.  Plus, circle tins are just fun, and they keep the cards all together...again, my issue with pieces!  Our favorite Blue Orange games are:


  • Spot It!  Maggie is a freaking rock star at this game!  I swear she's going to be a spy someday!  There are a ton of variations of this game, plus Spot It Junior for even your littler little ones.  
  • Chef Cuckoo!  This game is like Chopped (the show on the Food Network) for kids.  Gracie especially likes it because it's so silly!  
  • Speedeebee!  This game is a little better suited for Leah (she's 8).  It's a really fun word game that's great for a group split up into teams.  When we play it all together, we be sure that they little girls are with me or Aaron so they are included.




My girls could craft all.day.long.  The above picture is of a scrapbooking kit that someone put together.  Most kids would love to receive a package including markers, watercolor paints, plain paper, scrapbook paper, glue sticks, glitter glue, scissors (plain and fancy edged), stickers, or whatever else you can think up!


Be sure to come back tomorrow if you need Gift Ideas for Little Guys!  My blogging friend, Amanda from Queen of the Land of Twigs and Berries will be here sharing her favorites.

And be sure to come back next week for gift ideas involving BOOKS!

Happy shopping :)


No comments:

Post a Comment