Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Girls' Day

A couple of years ago, Gracie was still really little, Aaron went out of town for the weekend.

I took the girls to Walmart, and we ran into our friend, Ethan.

We were talking about Aaron being gone and Ethan asked, "So, is this like a fun girls' weekend for you?"

I paused and considered lying.  But, instead, I honestly replied, "No, not really.  Maybe when they're older.  Right now it's just kind of hard."

Ethan and his wife invited us over for supper the next night which was wonderful!

But, the girls are getting older so when Aaron is gone I don't panic quite as much as I used to.

Aaron was gone from 9 in the morning until 11:30 at night on Saturday, so I decided that we would have GIRLS DAY!




We started out by going to the cupcake shop!



It was so delicious!  I do my fair share of baking, so believe me when I tell you that these are delicious cupcakes!  The chocolate based ones are great, but the white cake based ones are phenomenal!  I can't make a good white cake from scratch to save my life.  

Good thing I won't have to save my life by making one :)

The girls did some drawing and game playing on the white erase board table top!




Then we went to play at one of our favorite parks.



They played on some playground equipment...



and did some performing at the band shell thing.



In addition to her self assigned emcee duties, Leah sang a song she's learning in music class, including the whispered "rest" at the end of the musical phrases.



Maggie sang a lovely "Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?"



And Gracie regaled the crowd (me) with a passionate rendition of "Let it Go."



Then they joined forces to sing "So Long, Farewell."  Naturally :)



They bowed at the end which resulted in one of my favorite pictures!




We had lunch at one of their favorite places:  the grocery store.




And made a quick stop at Target.




After we got home and the little girls took a nap, we headed out to go bowling!

The girls got to choose a treat out of a vending machine which is something we never do.



They enjoyed the bowling...



and Maggie even got a strike!




We came home and had waffles for supper.  We closed the day out with a little Max and Ruby.



It was a good and full day!

Evidenced by the fact that I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30.

Girls day...it's a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment