Pages

Monday, March 17, 2014

Winter Catch Up #1 (snow tunnels and chinchilla presentations!)

I was going through the pictures on our camera, and I realized that there were a ton that have yet to make it to a blog post!  So, I'm doing some Winter Catch Up.

Not to be confused with Winter Ketchup, because I feel like that would be weird.

The winter is (allegedly) almost over, but on the days that weren't insanely cold, the girls enjoyed playing in the snow with Aaron. 



Look at how deep the snow was!



It drifts right behind our house and was really close to being as tall as Gracie!

Maggie was sick, so she would bang on the window for Aaron.



The one perk to being sick is that you get your hot chocolate earlier :)



Anyway, on this particular day, they were working on a tunnel,



and took a nice rest at the end.



I promise that Gracie was having more fun than her facial expression would appear to indicate!


A few days after the above tunnel digging, Leah had her long awaited chinchilla presentation.

She was SO excited!  I was afraid that I was inadvertently teaching her to procrastinate, because she kept on asking me to work on it and I kept on telling her we'd do it later. 


Oops!



In my defense, she found out about the project at least 2 months before it was her turn to present. 


Leah was given a list of about 100 animals to choose from which for some kids would be good.

For Leah, it was overwhelming.



I mean, I feel like there are certain kids who are passionate about, oh, zebras or cheetahs or whatevers, but that's not the case with Leah.

We narrowed the list down to like 25 and then looked them up on wikipedia so she could see what they looked like.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that it took between 45 minutes and an hour to choose an animal.

Naturally, the chinchilla wasn't on the list, but her teacher approved it which was great!  



Aaron, Maggie, Gracie, and I went to observe her presentation.



She did AWESOME!



She shared her information like a pro and answered questions like a champ!



And, much like her mama, she's not afraid to be up front with a microphone in her hand :)



That's my girl <3

We had lunch with her afterwards!



One of our tabemates' pudding dipping inspired this post :)



It was so fun spending lunch time with Leah and getting to see her do such an awesome job on her presentation!


We start Spring Break today and all of the above happened in January...oops :)

Have a great start to a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment