Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Blackberry Gorgonzola Salad with Maple Dijon Dressing

Blackberries might be my favorite berry to to have on a salad, although it's one of my lesser favorite berries to eat plain.  

Hm.

They are mysterious, these blackberries!

I got the recipe for this dressing from my friend, Bri, and it's paleo (I think).  She found it when I was doing the Whole 30 :)

Isn't this pretty?


Plus, you can get all of the ingredients for this delicious fanciness at Aldi!

Man, I love that!

Here's all you need for the salad...


That's spring mix (but you can use any lettuce you want), gorgonzola cheese (you can use feta if you want...I had gorgonzola on hand), blackberries, shallots, and chopped walnuts (you can use pepitas if you have a nut allergy).

You only need 3 things for the dressing!


That's extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, and pure maple syrup, and yes, they're all from Aldi!

BOOM!

I love me a good deal!  

For the dressing, add equal amounts of the olive oil, mustard and syrup to a bowl and whisk to combine.  Taste it and if you want it sweeter, add more syrup.  If you want more tang, add more dijon.  You get the picture :)  Also, add some salt and pepper to your taste.

I put my salad on spring mix,


and added the goodies!


Drizzle with salad dressing and enjoy!


I added some chicken to mine and had it for lunch!

It's pretty and delicious!  I love the combination of the juicy berries, creamy cheese, and crunchy nuts!  Plus, shallots are more mild than onions, which I think everyone appreciates :)

This is also really low prep, so you can whip it together in less than 5 minutes!

Fast, pretty, inexpensive, and tastey?

What are you waiting for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment