Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Whole 30 Menu and Update: Week 3

I just finished week 2 of The Whole 30, and I'm happy to report that what they say is true! The first 2 weeks really are the hardest.  I definitely had headaches and irritability the first week, but those are gone now.  I think we can all agree that that's good :)

I feel like Monday was kind of a turning point for me; it was the first day that I had significantly fewer cravings!  I even went to Starbucks and got some really great tea (vanilla and roobios, I think) and didn't feel like I was missing out by not being able to get a chai latte.

One of my friends asked what the hardest part of this has been, and it was kind of hard to narrow it down.  I think not having sweetened coffee drinks has been hard, because I really like them.  There's a ton of prep work involved which has been just...a lot.  And that's coming from someone who likes being in the kitchen and already cooks from scratch.  I feel like I'm getting the hang of preparing better, though.  I do think that I often reward myself with food (and not the healthy kind) at the end of the day or during the girls' nap time, and that's something I haven't been able to do anymore.  I'm hoping to break that habit, so I'm happy that I'm being forced to do so on The Whole 30.

Anyway, I think I'm done hoping that I get sick so I have a legitimate reason to quit.  I'll count that as a victory :)


Whole 30 Paleo Menu

Wednesday, January 22  Ginger Lime Shrimp (recipe from my friend, Kendra, who is doing this, too!)


Thursday, January 23  Hotdogs for my people (they've been begging!) and approved sausage for me, plus I made ketchup for myself which I think is weird.  I'm making roasted veggies!

Friday, January 24  Pizza for my people Paleo Pad Thai for me

Saturday, January 25  Tacos (Taco Salad for me, made with this seasoning mix)  Pecan Crusted Salmon (I'm making it up!)

Sunday, January 26  Sandwiches  SCS (leftovers for me)

Monday, January 27  Balsamic-Garlic Crusted Pork Tenderloin potatoes or rice for my family, sweet potatoes for me with salad and veggies.

Tuesday, January 28  Copycat Chipotle Burrito Bowls I'll just have the parts that are Whole 30 approved, which is a lot of it...especially the guacamole!

I'm making egg muffins for breakfast again and when I'm not having leftovers for lunch, I have this amazing Coconut Lime Chicken Soup!

Onward and Upward to Week 3!

Here are the menus for Week 1 and Week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment