Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ramona Toothpaste Activity

It's been cold...reeeeeeally cold.

I'm one of those people who actually likes winter, and even I think it's cold.

It was so cold I didn't want to take the girls out on Monday to go grocery shopping which is totally a Monday activity in my life.

I ran out to pick up a few things on Sunday and swung by the dollar store to get what I needed for a fun activity on Monday.

We started out the morning by watching Ramona and Beezus.  It's actually the first movie that Leah saw in the movie theater.  I genuinely like it, too!

After the movie, we got out our Ramona and Her Mother book and read the chapter (chapter 2 or 3, I can't remember!) where Ramona is mad and to release some anger, she squeezes out an entire tube of toothpaste into the sink.  

Who doesn't want to squeeze out an entire tube of toothpaste?

Ramona Toothpaste Activity

I'll let you guess what I picked up at the dollar store :)


I grabbed 1 tube of toothpaste for each girl. 

I chose to get a dark colored tablecloth so that there would be a lot of contrast between the tablecloth and the white toothpaste.  

I also dug into our closet and got some "tools."


Obviously sponge brushes and Qtips aren't actually tools, but they sure are fun to use on toothpaste!

I made sure to tape the tablecloth to the table so it wouldn't slide around and make a mess.

I had the girls push up their sleeves, pull back their hair, and dive right in!


They did lots of different things with the toothpaste!

There were some hand prints


and drawing and writing!


They had a lot of fun! 


Doesn't Maggie just adorably ooze happiness and excitement!?!

They sure left their mark!


I'd say this kept them busy for a good 45 minutes.  

I liked that I could just un-tape the tablecloth and throw the mess away...easy peasy!

You might be wondering what I would do differently the next time we play with toothpaste...

I'd get an extra tube of toothpaste so I could do it, too!  

I mean, seriously, doesn't that look like so much fun?!


No comments:

Post a Comment