Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

My Firstborn Oldest

Yes, the title is redundant.  I did it for emphasis :)

One of the things I love about Leah are her contrasts.

She is ridiculously creative and imaginative and is equally committed to accuracy and rules and a literal take on all the things.

That whole accuracy thing?  She gets it from her firstborn accurate mom :)

For example, I've mentioned Leah's love for all things The Sound of Music.

She loves it with the precision and accuracy of a German Austrian engineer...all the way down to the hair style :)


Did you notice how she's standing with her hands behind her back?  Yep, that's how the Von Trapp children stand...in case you were wondering!

So, you can imagine my delight when she brought this paper home from school a few weeks ago.  It totally exemplifies the way she sees things through the lens of a firstborn child committed to literal accuracy!


Yep, she's comparing herself to the main character in the book.

My very favorite is the one on the bottom...


Yes...Heidi Heckelbuck is in a book.  

Leah?

Not in a book :)

Have a literally awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment