Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

It was Cold...It was Fun

It was pretty darn cold here on Monday and Tuesday...so cold that there wasn't any school.

As I mentioned yesterday, I was sick on Sunday and not at my best on Monday, either. Aaron stayed home on Monday to take care of the girls, so I mostly laid around.  They were busy!

Leah worked on this...decoration/scene/backdrop on Monday, and we put it up on Tuesday.


That's a rainbow in the middle, with a treasure on each end and a sun and cloud in the sky!

I like her fun ideas :)

I like her even more!


Leah gave Maggie the scraps from the sun, and Maggie made a puppet theater!


Maggie and Leah put together a little show, but Gracie wasn't having it.


Suspicious Gracie ;)

They each created "hideouts" in Leah and Maggie's room.  


Maggie's hideout is under her bed.  You can see she has some books lined up back there.  You can't see that she has a flashlight with her :)

Leah and Gracie are in the closet...with books, blankets, stuffed animals and flashlights.

Note: the girls' room was painted that horrifying yellow color before we moved in.  We didn't have time to paint the closet.  I can't think of a more horrible yellow...it's like Big Bird got run over by a school bus.  Bad, bad, bad.

I'd also like to point out the obvious that we don't ask our children to play in the closet or under the bed.  They do that on their own :)  There's just something about small spaces that kids really like.

I think it's really cute that the girls really like setting up their hideouts, but they only play in them for like 3 minutes at a time...probably because the spots are a bit cramped!

On Tuesday, though, I was feeling better and we needed groceries!  I let the van warm up for a long time and we all wore hats and mittens and headed to the grocery store.


I think we were all glad to get out of the house and to have a change of scenery!

We even saw the positive side of the thermometer today!  Yipee!

Stay warm this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment