Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

It was Christmas and it was Good!

Here's a quick photo update of 3 of our Christmas celebrations! 

The girls open presents on Christmas Eve morning!


And, in case you were wondering, Leah got Aaron that paddle ball thing he is holding.  It's so he can practice tennis so that when he plays tennis on the Wii, he'll be ready!  She's such a sweet gift giver!

The girls dove right into playing with their gifts!


They all liked the toy they got!  Yay!  

Gracie likes her toy so much that she yells at anyone who tries to touch it.  Yeah, we'll be working on that!

After lunch on Christmas Eve, we drove to my parents' house.  Poor Gracie threw up on the way there.

We had a super fun time with my side of the family, but I didn't take many pictures.

I did get this picture of the girls talking to my parents!


I don't know why I like it so much, but I do!  Maybe it's because I can picture them standing just like this when they are teenagers, or I like how Leah and Gracie have a purse/stuffed animal dog carrying case.  Whatever it is, I like it :)

We came home on the 26th and had a wedding on the 27th.  We got a babysitter for the girls, so it was even kind of a date!

As it turns out, Maggie and I kind of matched!


Check out this beautiful sky on the way to the wedding!


Of course, this picture doesn't do it justice, but, believe me, it was gorgeous!

The next morning we left for Aaron's parents' house.  Before I forget to tell you, the girls did awesome in the car!  It's about a 4 and 1/2 hour drive.  Very often they do well on the way there but kind of fall apart on the way home.  But, not this time!  We were so thankful!

Anyway, here they are in all of their Christmas finery ;)


The girls had lots of fun opening presents!


Yes, Gracie is using a Doc McStuffins blood pressure cuff on her leg.

On the Doc McStuffins note, Aaron's parents got Maggie this little Doc McStuffins play set.  There are pieces, and I have issues with pieces.  I believe at one point I may have had a charming rant about toys with pieces.  Well, my mother-in-law deserves an award, because every time they get the girls a toy with pieces, they also give a container for the toy and the aforementioned pieces!


Seriously!  She deserves a gold medal or a blue ribbon or a certificate of some sort.

There was some fun crafting/playing at the table after lunch, too!


And, of course, a picture of the cousins!  


We took the picture before bed, hence the pajamas and lack of focus ;)  Someday I'll learn to take the group shots earlier in the day :)

I hope your Christmas was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment