Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Maggie Turns 5

My girl is 5 today!

I just cannot believe it!  I looked through a bunch of pictures from her first year today, and I'll be sharing some of my favorites throughout her birthday letter!

Try not to tear up when you see how adorable, tiny, and chubby she was!

Dear Maggie,

Oh, Mags, you are growing up so fast!


You have been such a sweetheart from the very beginning!

You were such a chilled out baby,


and absolutely a gift to us.


We didn't know what your middle name was going to be until I was literally giving birth to you!


And even though the following picture of your enormous cheeks doesn't capture it,


Joy is the perfect middle name for you!


You bring joy with you wherever you go!


You have been well loved by your daddy and me from the very beginning, and certainly by Leah, too!


I've always thought that, for a baby, having an older sibling must be like living with a cartoon character.  I thought that you would be so relaxed, happy to just sit back and watch what was going on around you.


Let's just say that I was wrong about that!  


You are seriously so, SO funny!  Whether it's saying "apple goose" instead of "apple juice" or making funny faces or saying silly things on purpose, you sure keep us laughing.

You certainly don't sit back and watch!  You join in on all the fun!


And, even though you are funny, you are emotional, too.  You can be kind of sensitive and sometimes cry easily.


But, Daddy and I have seen that your sensitivity has extended to being sensitive towards the things of Jesus.  You pray for people and are happy to talk about Jesus!

Maggie on her 1st birthday!

We've loved seeing you do so well at school!  You are a good friend to your classmates and are so eager to help your teacher!

You are cheerful and happy, and I love to watch people observe you and see what joy you bring to them...just by being yourself.

I know that God has designed you so perfectly!  

I can't wait to see how God continues to grow your sensitive heart to be more and more in tune to Him.

I can't wait to see you grow in your sensitivity to those around you, because you are already concerned about the people in your life.

Maggie on her 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th birthdays!

I love that you could cuddle all day long.

I love that you want to play games with me.

I love that you include your sisters in your play.

I love that you somehow know when you need a little time to yourself.

I love that you like being the middle daughter, because that means you are right in the middle of my heart...and that being the middle one is like you are in a hug all the time!

I love that draw pictures for us.

I love that you can spell your name and all of our names, too!

I love reading to you before your nap.  It is always one of my favorite parts of the day!

I love that you have your own little set of quirks that somehow makes you even more endearing to us...as if that was even possible!

I love that you show me everything in your backpack after school before I even buckle your seat belt!

I love that I get to be by your side as you draw closer to Jesus and see how God will use you to point people to Him.

Maggie's last picture as a 4 year old!

Thank you for being my sweet, little heart.  There's always been something about you that makes me want to fight like crazy to protect you and keep you from being hurt.

But, at the same time, I love watching God make you brave and confident.

I think there will always be some sort of conflict in my heart...knowing that I need to trust God with you and wanting to hold you so tightly at the same time.  It's a good thing that God is in control and not me!

I love you so much, Maggie Joy, and I'm beyond grateful that God made me your mommy!

Love, 
Mommy

one of my very favorite pictures of Maggie.  So, so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment