Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Whew!

Whoa...I missed 2 days of blogging there, but we've all made it ;)

Nothing big has been going on around here...just busy with life and enjoying friends.  We've had company for a meal 5 out of the last 6 days!  Don't get me wrong, we've enjoyed every bit of it, but with the addition of Thanksgiving, it didn't leave much time for blogging!

Oh, you know how hospitality isn't about the food, but it's about being welcoming and getting to know your guests, etc.?

I can attest to that seeing as I did serve a guest cereal for supper.  

So, there's that!  To be fair, it was spontaneous and he was here for supper on Sunday, which we all know is on the menu as Silly Cereal Supper.  Our time together was good, though...maybe because of the cereal?  Or it could have been the apple juice.

You just never know :)

We've been up to the same old stuff.

Reading...


Nurturing...


and crafting!


Anyway, Thanksgiving was good!

I made little sugar cookies decorated like slices of pumpkin pie.


They weren't as cute as the original, but quite adorable nonetheless!

We had a couple of friends over for Thanksgiving lunch which was wonderful!  

I made a turkey and forgot to check for the neck in the cavity.  Yes, it was there.  Along with another creepy bag that I didn't take out.  I did pull out the creep-tastic bag of gravy starter.

1 out of 3 isn't bad.  I mean, in baseball, it's darn good!

I'm glad that the turkey was unharmed in the midst of my ineptitude.

We played some Chutes and Ladders in the evening.  The girls were fighting about what game piece they were going to be right away, so I pulled out the game pieces I made this summer. 


Crisis averted!

I won, too!  And by "won," I mean that I won the actual game, not just winning by cutting the fighting short :)

Today we are headed to meet my side of the family for a weekend away!  

My mom, sister, sister-in-law, and I are going Christmas shopping, while Aaron, my dad, and brother watch the kids!

I'm excited but oddly nervous.

I'm not superstitious, but let's look at the historical facts as to what has happened at the hotel:

  • Last year, Gracie broke her leg.
  • The year before that, Maggie threw up.
  • The year before THAT, I was so sick that I couldn't get out of bed.

I KNOW!  

I'm going to be keeping my eye on Aaron and Leah.

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment