Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Super Supper and Broiled Bruschetta

I made a super yummy supper for our small group on Tuesday and I even made up a recipe.

I hardy ever make anything up, so that was fun!

We had lasagna soup!



It is seriously so delicious and really fun!  You put a dollop of a ricotta cheese mixture in the bowl first before topping with pasta, the soup, and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese.

The soup has the same savory richness and string-y cheese and regular lasagna.  

Totally make this!  I've made it a few times, and it's always a hit!

I made cheesy garlic bread to go with it.  

And for something a little different, I made broiled bruschetta.

Broiled Bruschetta

Super easy!

Mix 2 cloves of garlic with a few tablespoons of olive oil.  Let it sit for a few hours.

Brush the bread (french or italian) with the garlic infused oil.  Bake in an oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven and top with shredded fresh mozzarella cheese.  And maybe a little freshly shredded parmesan.

Shredding fresh mozzarella seemed a little difficult so I popped it in the freezer for 30 minutes before shredding it.  That helped a lot!  It won't be pretty, but that's ok :)

Spread the fresh mozzarella on the bread.  Top with chopped and seeded roma tomatoes.

Bake for another 5 minutes.  If it isn't melting the way you want, set the oven to broil and broil it for a few minutes.

When the cheese looks melted and the edges of the bread look crusty, pull it out.  

Sprinkle with freshly cracked black pepper and a little drizzle of olive oil.

Yummy yum yum!

And to finish the meal off, we had Salted Caramel Mocha Bundt Cake.



It was really good!  I enjoyed the contrast between the hardened white chocolate and the softness of the cake.  You can taste the coffee in the cake, but it certainly wasn't overwhelming.

I enjoy a salty and sweet combination as much as the next girl, but the caramel was a little salty for me.  I didn't even add as much as the recipe called for.  The next time I make this, I'll leave the salt out of the caramel and just sprinkle a bit on top.

What have you made lately that I should try?  I love getting new recipe ideas, so boss me around a little!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment