Pages

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ice Packs and Bandaids

What in the world do ice packs and bandaids have in common?

They are magical.

(obviously)

They cut off at least 75% of the crying.

That's magical in my mommy book!

So, it doesn't take much for me to give my girls a bandaid (or 8) or an ice pack.

Every now and then, Leah will very lightly bump her head on the bunk bed (she's on the top bunk, so I'm not really sure how that happens) as she's getting settled in for the night. 

Because it's night time, everything is more dramatic, so she cries and cries.  

Naturally, I want her to stop crying so she'll go to sleep I want to nurture and care for her, so I get her an ice pack.

Here's my issue with ice packs:  They are too COLD!  But, when you wrap them in a towel, they aren't cold enough.

What to do...what to do?

Answer:  a sock!

For example, earlier this week, Maggie legitimately bumped her head on the wooden arm of our futon.

She went to the kitchen, grabbed a gallon sized freezer ziplock bag and filled it with all of the ice packs she could find. 


I'm not going to say that looks real effective ;)

I went to my sock drawer and got a fairly heavy (clean) sock.  

Then, I took ONE ice pack from Maggie's bag o' chilliness.


I simply stuck the ice pack in the sock!


Ta-da!  Easy peasy lemon squeezey!

That's much better!


Now that Maggie had an ice pack, Gracie wanted one.

I told her that Maggie had an ice pack because she bumped her head and Gracie didn't need one because she didn't bump her head.

I kid you not, Gracie proceeded to lightly bump her head on the other wooden arm of the futon on purpose and began to fake cry in order to necessitate an ice pack.

You can't make this stuff up!

I gave her one, too!


And then everyone was happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment