Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

He Holds My Hand

The other day, I was walking in a parking lot with Gracie.  

I'm that mom who holds her children's hands at all times in the parking lot.  

Even Leah.

Call me psychotic or overprotective or just plain safe...whatever it is, that's just how I roll.

Anyway, obviously Gracie and I were holding hands on our way into the store.


She tripped over something and totally would have face planted on the asphalt if I wouldn't have been holding her hand.  

I pulled her up before she could really even fall.

That's happened several times with each of the girls, and without fail, these verses pop into my head:


The steps of a man are established by the Lord, and He delights in his way.  When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.
Psalm 37:23-24

I will fall.  I will have a hard time.  I will encounter difficulties.  I will struggle.

But, just as I, the imperfect mommy, won't let my little girl face plant on the ground, my loving Heavenly Father won't let me be hurled headlong, either.

What a beautiful promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment