Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Five Ingredient White Chicken Chili

I was super happy to find this recipe on pinterest awhile ago.

You can't go wrong with a 5 ingredient recipe.

You also can't go wrong when 1 of those 5 ingredients is salsa verde.

I feel incredibly awesome using salsa verde, plus I got it at Aldi.

Win!

This seriously came together really quickly, which was nice for a day like today when I folded a literal mountain of laundry during nap time.

Anyway, here's what you need:


6 cups chicken broth
4 cups, cooked and shredded chicken
2 (15 oz) cans of great northern beans
16 ounces salsa verde
2 teaspoons cumin

Yep.  That's it!

Put it all in a pot and stir to combine.  Heat it over medium high heat until boiling, then lower to medium lowish and simmer for 5 minutes.  

Serve it with shredded cheese, sour cream, a squeeze of lime, avocados, cilantro, crushed tortillas...whatever your little heart desires.

Please excuse this shockingly bad picture of the soup :)

Yummy and easy white chicken chili...only 5 ingredients!

Here's a little secret about the chicken I used.  I freeze leftover chicken to use in soup later, so I just dug around in the freezer until I found enough.  There may have even been some turkey from Thanksgiving in this soup :)  

My daughters' feelings about soup have been well documented, and I've decided to abandon mandatory soup tastes for this season.  It's just not worth the battle to me.

So, I made them Darcy's pasta :)


We had dinner with our friends, Tim and Darcy and their family, this weekend, and Darcy made some really good chili!  She made macaroni for the kids, and Maggie love love double loved it.  

I made some elbow macaroni, drained the water, added some butter, and stirred in some cheese.  That made a yummy little cheese sauce and then I sprinkled a little cheese on top when I served it.

Maggie was sooooooo happy!  (oh, Maggie put away all of her folded clothes and Leah's and Gracie's.  She said she loves to help me...what a sweetie :))

And I was happy, too, when nobody cried at supper.

Give this soup a try when you need a quick and delicious supper!



I'm linking up with Jessica!

No comments:

Post a Comment