Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Glow Necklaces

I feel like every now and then it's good to tell your kids YES to something when they expect you to say no.

Like the time the girls asked me if they could bring their glow necklaces to bed.

You bet I said yes!


It is summer, after all!

They were pretty excited!


And Gracie was so adorable!  After I told her she could bring it to bed...


...she said, "Oh, thank you, Mom!  You smell like warm sunshine!"


That's a pretty sweet compliment from an almost 3 year old.

I did have to have Leah take off the face paint,


even though she was a really cute little kitty.

Letting them take the glow necklaces to bed shockingly didn't backfire on me.  I thought there would be some sort of drama with them, but I'm happy to say I was wrong!

Gracie fell asleep right away, and Leah and Maggie ended up tossing them out of bed because they were too bright.

Hmmm...what else can I give an unexpected YES to?

No comments:

Post a Comment