Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day for Real

Good Morning!  Here's a little glimpse of Mother's Day at our house.  

I'd like to point out that I have no shame as I am posting pictures of myself in my pajamas.  

I feel like our life isn't fancy, but it is real and special and perfect for us!


I got to open presents on the bed first thing in the morning!

We take the girls to the Dollar Store to shop for gifts.  That way they can pick out anything they want for the gift recipient, and we don't have to tell them something is too expensive.  They are very considerate gift givers, which is fun to see!

Maggie and Gracie got me Mother's Day balloons.


Yes, they say Happy Birthday, but I assure you, they are Mother's Day balloons!

Leah made me a, well, um, sculpture.


You'll be glad to know that the cardboard tube has mint scented marker on it.

Here's the sign on too...


Leah made me a flower pot at school...


...and a booklet about me.


In case you were wondering, I'm as pretty as a flower, Leah likes to make me laugh by being silly, I'm best at cooking, I'm so smart that I know how to make chalkboards, I'm special because I cook meals, and Leah likes it when I read her books.

Aaron and the girls got me a sweet card.



I enjoyed breakfast in bed.


The goblet was my gift from Leah!

Leah also sang me a sweet song (the video is very short)!


Who loves me every morning?
Who loves me every night?
Who can be so in love with me?
My mom, the light of my life!

Leah made me a very well done Mother's Day sign!


Here's the sweet artist.


We went to church and then got Jimmy John's for lunch.  

After the girls woke up from their naps, we played on the floor and watched basketball.

It's a lot harder than you'd think to get Lala Loopsy girls to hug!


Maggie was using my skirt as a trampoline.  Then she put one of the dolls under the bottom edge of my skirt, but quickly changed her mind and said, "Too prickley!"

HA!


We posed for a more awake picture, too.  I love these girls!


We had Silly Cereal Supper and then family movie night.  Netflix has some American's Funniest Home Videos for kids, so I thought they'd love it.

Not so much. 

Let's just say that their current fear/dislike of dogs has been compounded.

Sigh. 

There was a really funny one of a baby with spaghetti up his nose, though!

After the girls went to bed, Evan and Bri came over for premarital counseling.  

We had a lot of fun with them, and now their marriage will be perfect, and they will never have any problems.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Oh, Aaron's gift to me is getting my nose pierced again, plus he gave me the day off on Thursday!!!  What to do, what to do?

It was a really good day.  I know that Mother's Day can be very bittersweet for some people, but by God's good grace to me, it's only ever been happy.  

I have a great mom and children that came about easily.  I don't take that for granted in the least.  I've prayed friends through the painful, painful struggle of infertility, so I know how blessed I am.  I've seen moms walk through their children's difficult health diagnoses, so I know what an indescribable gift it is to have healthy children.  

This world isn't perfect, and life is hard sometimes.  I know and rest in the fact that God gives us abundant grace for whatever situation He brings into our life.  

His strength really is made perfect in our weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment