Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Date Night Recaps

If you read my monthly menus, you know that Aaron and I have date night on Tuesday nights.

I thought it would be fun to document our dates for the month of April.  Aaron was totally a trooper and played along with his blogging wife :)

We are usually gone for 2 hours tops and are home in time to put the girls to bed.  That helps keep babysitting costs down.  Aaron schedules the babysitter, and we figure out what to do together.  We do our best to keep on a budget...I think we went like $3 over this time.  

Week One:  We went to a Mexican restaurant in town.

It's my personal favorite Mexican restaurant, and I always get the same thing.  

Chicken Fajita Quesadillas...FTW (for the win)!

Here's me and my hot date!



The one downside to this particular restaurant is that there are drawings of scantily, bikini-clad women on the table.  

Ew.

We just strategically cover the ladies with the chips and salsa.

After we finished there, we headed to our friendly, local coffee shop.  We worked on questions for some premarital counseling that we're doing.



Week 2:  Jimmy John's




I love Jimmy John's!  Whenever Aaron and I go there, we always sit by the window.  You can tell I got all fancy for this date, because I straightened my hair :)

Then, we went back to the coffee shop for some King's Cribbage.  It's like Cribbage and Scrabble got married and had a very cute baby.



Week 3:  Oh, week 3, you were a bit out of my comfort zone!  The place in town that has the best burgers is a bar.  

And not an Applebee's kind of bar.  

A real bar.

Please know that I am certainly not against alcohol or having a casual drink (obviously as long as all parties are legally allowed to and nobody is getting drunk)!  I just don't know what to do with myself at a bar.

Especially when this sign is in the entry way:



That just seems a bit shady.  I really don't think it's a free trip, but whatever.  I wasn't about to participate.

Here's my cool husband shuffling cards for cribbage...



...and awkward me, trying to to blush.



But, the awkwardness was worth it for this beautiful burger.



I mean, they toasted the bun.

TOASTED THE BUN!

Sorry to yell, but I love it when people toast burger buns.  I do that, but tend to burn them!

Please notice this, on our way out...



Yes, a local politician had his victory party here.

I know what you're thinking...

Classy!

Obviously we got coffee afterwards and played Kings Cribbage.



I even kicked date night up a notch, and we had homemade chocolate ice cream after the girls went to bed.



You know you love the heart :)

Week 4:  Olive Garden




Yes, we went midwestern fancy. 

Plus, OG has a menu that makes it easier to eat there on the cheap!



I actually got a beverage that wasn't water...the Bellini Iced Tea (iced tea with peach and raspberry flavored syrup).  

You can bet I'm going to figure out how to make it at home.  It's part of my charm :)



Here's the iced tea and salad.











I got the Sausage Fonduta and Tortelloni al Forno.

The Tortelloni al Forno was especially a.ma.zing! 









Aaron got Grilled Chicken Spiedini and Sicilian Meatballs.










It was so rich and delicious!  We were so full.

I told Aaron he might have to roll me out of there, which I feel like isn't what most men want to hear from their date.

But, we're married, and he's seen me give birth 3 times, so it's all good :)

Week 5:  Picnic!




We didn't have much money left in the budget for week 5, so we went super simple.  We got subs...Aaron's from Subway and mine from Jimmy John's.  

You can go to 2 different sub places when you don't have your little friends with you!

We also went to the freezer section of Walmart and got 2 pieces of cheesecake.



We laid the picnic quilt out,



ate our meal, and played some cribbage.



So, did you notice a lot of cribbage playing?

I've been playing since before I can remember, and Aaron has played it forever, too.  It's nice because it's portable and keeping score is super easy.

After we were married for like 3 or 4 years, I think I mentioned how much we played cribbage and mentioned possibly embracing another game.

Aaron said, "But, we fell in love playing cribbage."

BOOM!  Case closed. 

Cribbage it is...

...and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment