Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Date Night Recap: Golf Edition

Yes, we went golfing.

Yes, by golfing I mean we went to the driving range.

And, yes, it was as ridiculous as you're thinking it was.

But, first we went to Culver's.

I always want to get the Colby Jack Pub Burger, but I just can't bring myself to do it.


I feel like if I ate one, I would shave a few years off my life or have a small heart attack.

Instead, I had a very lovely Cranberry Bacon Bleu salad with raspberry vinaigrette.


I feel that, even with the bacon, it's still less heart attack-y than the pub burger.

Our friend gave us a buy one get one free concrete mixer coupon, so we got those.

Let's not discuss the heart attack-ness of those.

Aaron is such a trooper with me documenting a lot of what we do for this here blog.


I was a little nervous to try a new concrete mixer.


I usually have mine with heath and oreo, but this time I had it with heath and peanut butter cups.

I know.  I've said it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again, but I am incredibly wild and edgy.

I liked the new combo, but I'm going to stick with my usual.

Then, it was golf time.

Here is what you need to know.  

Aaron is sporty.  He's good at every sport I've seen him play...some he's better than others, but he's good at all of them.  Very coordinated.

I'm, shall we say, less than sporty...and lean toward the klutzy end of the spectrum.  I'm pretty much the least competitive person in the world, so it doesn't bother me.  I'd rather make cupcakes and witty comments than score a basket or a point or a whatever.

But, I do enjoy being outside and trying new things, especially with Aaron, so I was totally game to give golfing a try!

We went to the golf course and paid 6 bucks for a large basket of balls.

We rode in a golf cart out to the driving range, and it was like the good ol' days at camp when we'd zoom around in a golf cart taking care of homesick campers and other odds and ends.


Of course, at camp I was wearing flip flops, which is how I destroyed my feet and why I now have to wear supportive shoes close to all of the time.  Sigh.  Who knew wearing flip flops 8 months of the year for several years could do so much damage.

Anyway, once we got there, we were ready to go!


It took me a while to figure out the best way to get the tee into the ground, but Aaron showed me the trick, and I stopped trying to step on it to get it in.

I had a few shots like this one.


This isn't a joke; I really did only hit it a couple of inches 2 or 3 times!

Aaron, was typically awesome, hitting them really far, and they even sounded good flying through the air...like he was Tiger Woods or something.  But, minus the shadiness, of course :)

There was a really beautiful sky, too.


I feel that sky pictures never do the beauty of the actual sky justice, and this is no exception. You'll have to take my word that it was very beautiful!

We had lots of fun...


...even though I did procure my first sports injury.

Here's the thing, driving a golf ball is A LOT harder than it looks!  When you are on the klutzy end of the spectrum like yours truly, you miss the ball sometimes. 

Sometimes I wouldn't make contact with anything and whiff it.

Other times, more frequent times, I would swing and totally whack the ground.  So my thumb and wrist and inside of my forearm hurt.

For two whole days.

That's a sports injury, right?

For some reason, I feel awesome for having had a sports injury.

But, sports injury or not, we had lots of fun and lots of good laughs!

I'd call that a date night success!

Next up:  frisbee golf!

No comments:

Post a Comment