Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Creamy Garlic Alfredo Sauce

I can't think of a single person who doesn't like Alfredo sauce.



Although as soon as I post this, I'm sure I'll think of a bunch of people who don't like, but, hey, for now I'll say everyone loves it :)

I'm sure plenty of people don't eat it often, even though they like it, because it's not the healthiest dish out there or it seems too fancy or hard to make at home.

This recipe is easy peasy!

All you need is:


2 tablespoons of butter
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 oz (half of a package) cream cheese (I used the third less fat kind and thought it was great. Whatever you do, don't use fat free, as I'm pretty sure it's caulk.) cut into 6 pieces
1 cup of milk (I used 2 %, but you could use whatever)
3 oz (about 1 cup) shredded or grated parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Oh, look, you don't even need heavy cream!

In a medium pot or skillet, over medium heat, melt the butter.  Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.  Don't let it burn...nobody likes burned garlic!  Whisk in the cream cheese until smooth, about 2 or 3 minutes.  Don't panic if it looks weird at first, just keep whisking and it will smooth right on out.  Once it is a smooth paste, add the milk, about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking quickly and constantly until each addition is fully incorporated.  Stir in the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper until the cheese is melted.  For thin sauce, remove from heat right after the cheese has melted.  For thicker sauce, keep cooking until it reaches desired consistency.  Serve immediately.

The girls and I picked out the most fun pasta shape we could find at Walmart.


It reminds me of a little trumpet.


The first time I made this, everybody ate it!!!  

My natural response was to throw my hands victoriously in the air and triumphantly exclaim, "YES!  YES!! YESSSS!!!"

So, of course, the next time I made it, Leah and Maggie didn't want to eat it, but whatevs.

It is still quick, yummy, and easy!  It's delicious served with grilled chicken.  I even made it with sprinkle cheese (you know, the parmesan in a plastic shaker) the first time I made it, and it worked great!


The nice things is that it's easy to keep these ingredients on hand for those times you need something quick.  Once the ingredients were prepped (which didn't take long at all), the sauce was literally done in about 10 minutes.

Give it a try and let me know how you like it!

Recipe Source:  Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment