Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Simple Pleasures are the Best!

We had nothing planned on Saturday, which can be a very good thing or a very bad thing.

It was a very good thing this time!  We've found that we have to have some semblance of a plan or else the girls get antsy and pick at each other.  The less of that, the better!

The day started out with a little Mary Poppins on youtube.


How could we not have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day with a start like that?

Gracie did a little doll house/lalaloopsy/duplo playing.


The day was sunny, but not necessarily warm.  But, it wasn't windy, so we headed out to the park!

Aaron and Leah rode bikes.


My bike riders...


There was plenty of swinging,



sliding,

good golly, she's cute!
climbing,





posing,




and emoting!  


Note: I feel like this is the most ridiculous slide in the world.


After lunch, Leah and I watched Wednesday's episode of Survivor while Maggie and Gracie were napping.  Then, she and Aaron rode bikes to the gas station by our house to get some Twizzlers to share.

There was even some gutter clearing!


Note: this was safer than it may look.  Aaron held onto her the whole time and she didn't wiggle.

After supper, we attempted a fire.


But, we pretty much only got smoke.


Wet wood really puts a damper on things ;)

Maggie thinks the smoke is awesome, 


while Gracie isn't a fan and would way rather eat a brownie!


I asked Leah if she knew what the little sticks were called that you use to help start a fire.

She said, "Turb!"

I told her it was kindling.

She thought for a moment, and said, "I like 'turb' better!"

HA!

Here she is thinking about kindling turb.


Leah told us that Saturday was the best day of her life!  I'm glad that her best day consisted of regular, happy, little things.

After the girls went to bed, Aaron and I read about spies/double agents on wikipedia.  I know, we are the coolest people you know.  But, believe me, that's some pretty interesting stuff!

I hope your weekend was full of the simple, happy things in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment