Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Saturday Picture and Forts

We had a pretty full Saturday!  

Isn't it funny how Saturdays are?  There are some Saturdays where we don't have anything going on, so we end up just being lazy or walking around Menards, or something equally random.  Then, some are so busy that you need a vacation afterwards!

This Saturday was just right!  We had a couple of things going on, but plenty of time for relaxing fun around the house!

The girls jumped right into making long pictures!  My mom gave us some old school printer paper awhile ago, and every now and then they rediscover the awesomeness of it.


Here is a closer view of the sections.  Please pay careful attention to what Aaron is wearing...


I'm not really sure what he's wearing there, but it's pretty funny!

After that, they decided they wanted to build a fort, so we put one up.


It does kind of look like they are behind bars, but I assure you, they are not in jail :)

Leah and Gracie loved being in the fort...


...while Maggie preferred being outside of the fort, making vegetable soup to serve to the aforementioned fort dwellers.


The vegetables have been a hotly contested item of late...lots of arguing and unwillingness to share.  They are going on break, much like a certain other toy.

After that, we went to a movie!  Leah got a couple of free passes to see an older movie at one of the movie theaters in town.  We saw Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  I thought it was pretty funny, but a little scary at the end for the littler girls.  I was shocked that Gracie made it through the whole movie!  I though that, for sure, I'd have to leave with her, but she did awesome!

Saturday evening, we went to our friends' (Evan and Bri) engagement party.  It was a lot of fun, and Maggie found out that she gets to be the flower girl!  She is SO excited!  I'm really proud of Leah for not being jealous of her.  

Leah was the flower girl in the wedding of some other friends (Brandon and Hannah) when she was almost 3, so I kind of made it sound like she already had a chance to be a flower girl, and she went with that.  Whew!

Aaron is going to officiate Evan and Bri's wedding, so it will be a super special day!

On a random side note, Leah wore her hair down (or "flat" as she likes to say) to school on Friday.  I don't usually let her because it's a huge pain to comb out the next day.  And, yes, I'll admit that I like having it pulled back (usually in braids) because I think that makes it harder to get lice.

Can I say nightmare?!?!

Anyway, doesn't she look pretty!


Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment