Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Dora Doll House Gets a Time Out

Dear the Dora Doll House, 

It's time for us to take a break.

I do think that you are adorable and friendly.



You are so hospitable to open your home to others, even though your front door falls off every other time somebody touches it.

I love how you've been so creative in decorating your home.



I'd love to just settle in to one of your couches and enjoy some tea with you.  I'm sure we'd have some great conversations as long as you didn't say my name 19 times in a row like the "lyrics" to the backpack song.

I feel like that's not asking too much.

I love the ingenuity in your bathroom, too.  



The way the shower turns into a tub is a real space saver. 

It's inspiring, really.

BUT...

It's been documented that I have a HUGE problem with pieces.  When I went to gather all of the people and accessories to your house, Dora, I couldn't find YOU!

That's a problem.




Thankfully, I did eventually find you, but I STILL can't find the other, smaller Dora figurine from a different play set.  The "little Dora" allows Maggie and Gracie to each have a Dora to play with.

So, as you can see, it's really not you...it's me.



The main problem, though, is that Maggie and Gracie have been over exposed to your lovely home lately, which has led to way.too.much. fighting.

One of them wants to reorganize the furniture and the other doesn't, so they get all feisty with each other.  Then, the other wants to transition your house from a 2 story to a ranch style and the other doesn't.

Ain't nobody got time for all that drama.

Because, Dora, when you cause these 2 cutie pies to become frenemies, you get the boot.



I'm sure we can evaluate our relationship again once we've given each other some space.  But, for now, we just need some time apart so we can think things through.

xoxoxo,
me <3

No comments:

Post a Comment