Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Painting the Little Piggies

Confession:  Sometimes I feel like I should be able to punch out of the parenting clock after supper.  

I'm pretty worn out at the end of the day.

The problem is that the girls are worn out at the end of the day, too, which means I need to amp up my parenting, not punch out.

Yes, there are days when I tell myself that Wheel of Fortune is educational, so we watch that.

Other times we play some card games or do a lot of picking up.

But, Saturday night, I decided we'd make a little treat and paint some toenails.

Gracie was, naturally, dressed as a royal kitty for the occasion.


The girls love to help in the kitchen, and this was a really easy recipe.


Good thing I live with a bunch of expert stir-ers :)


After we put the pudding/mousse in the fridge to chill, we headed to the couch for some toenail painting.  

This is also my tricky way of clipping their nails.  It's not as bad getting your toenails clipped when they are also going to be painted with a heart on the big toe!


The girls did a good job of sitting still, as that is the hardest part.


Something about that picture of Gracie is so precious to me <3

Maggie decided that she wanted me to take her picture.  


Her cuteness can't be beat when she cooperates for a picture.

Aaron took a break from cleaning the refrigerator (because he's awesome like that), and the girls got to try on his glasses, which is always SO adorable!


We had to keep Gracie from pulling them off in the 3 seconds it took to take the picture.

I always think Leah looks so much like Aaron, but especially when she's wearing his glasses (or one of his hats).

After their nails dried, it was time for a treat!

Full disclosure:  Lest you think that there is always happiness, peace, and harmony in our home, Maggie had to stand in the corner, Gracie had to sit in her bed, and Leah had a very stern (irritated) talking to before we got to the actual treat.

Sigh.  I literally went from correcting behavior to saying, "Who's ready for a treat!" in like one second.  Nothing like a little emotional whiplash!

They sure were ready for a treat!


They're a pretty fun little group to hang out with on a Saturday night !


No comments:

Post a Comment