Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

I (FINALLY!) Did It!

When I was in high school, I was fairly certain that the only people who had their noses pierced did drugs.  Obviously that's ridiculous, but regardless, having a pierced nose is much more mainstream now.  

I've wanted to get my nose pierced for 2 or 3 years, and I finally decided to do it on my birthday, but I was sick, so I couldn't go.  Call me crazy, but I didn't think a freshly pierced nose and a neti pot bottle thing would go well together.

Fast forward to this past Saturday when I drove the mighty minivan to one of the tattoo places in town.  

I feel like I'm probably one of the few minivan drivers to visit my friendly local tattoo studio/parlor/shop/place/whatever they're called.

The tatted up guy who was working there was really nice.  

I was nervous, so I was talking.  A lot.

In case you were wondering they keep pretty busy doing tattoos, but he's not sure how many they do each week.  I know this because I just kept on talking and asking questions :)

Anyway, we went into the very clean and sterile piercing room.  Because tattoo people are awesome and edgy, they use black doctor gloves instead of the white/clear-ish ones.  

I said to the guy (because I was talking so darn much), "I've given birth to 3 babies without drugs, but I'm still afraid this is really going to hurt."

That might have been a little TMI for my tattooed friend, but he said, "It's not bad...it's just a little pinch."

In retrospect, I feel that, considering the large amount of tattoos he has, he probably has a really high pain tolerance and I should take what he says with a grain of salt.  

But, he was right!  It really didn't hurt that much.  It was certainly sore and tender after it was pierced, but really not that bad at all.

Taking care of it is pretty much a part time job.  I have to clean it 3 times a day and put cotton balls soaked in salt water on it once a day.  

Seriously!  Part.  Time.  Job.

But, I feel awesome!

Here's the before shot:






And the after:





Aaron really likes it!  

The girls had interesting responses.

I didn't tell them what I was doing, but I gave them a clue that it was sparkly.  Leah guessed!  She's such a good little detective :)

Maggie said, "You have a sparkly freckle like Bri!"  Bri is our friend who has her nose pierced.

Gracie looked at it and loudly said, "nipple."  

I'm not going to lie, that was a little disconcerting.

When I stopped laughing, I informed her that it was a sparkle.  Thankfully, she hasn't talked about it since!

I'm so glad I finally did it!  And when I get sick of it or start looking ridiculous when I get older, I can take it out.  Easy peasy!

3 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at Gracie's response. Looks awesome Becky--happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete